As a CEO, I hire only PHDs. My definition of a PHD is a superstar who is poor, hungry, and…
Join Me In The Fight To Stop Asian Hate
It is truly heartbreaking for me to see Asian Americans suffering from hatred, violence, and discrimination. I feel their pain. I feel their fear. I feel their sadness.
My team at ONE and I have decided to take action. Over the next 12 months, ONE will invest US$1.5 million into the Stop Asian Hate efforts through a combination of initiatives.
1) ONE will launch a 12 month campaign on TV across 154 countries around the world to raise awareness and education to Stop Asian Hate. The first TVC will launch on ONE on TNT on April 7 in the US. We will also use our global platform to raise donations from around the world to help Asian Americans in the US.
2) Evolve University, the world’s largest online university for martial arts, will offer a free 12 month subscription to 1,000 families in the US impacted by hate crimes and/or discrimination. In these times of crisis, basic self-defense skills can often mean the difference between life and death. All you have to do is post a video on YouTube, describing what happened to you and your family and email email@example.com with the link to your video. My team at EVOLVE will take care of the rest so that you can focus on learning to protect yourself and your loved ones.
3) ONE will also produce a series of limited edition t-shirts over the next 12 months with 100% of the proceeds going to the AAPI (Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders) Community Fund. To buy the first batch of t-shirts and to support this cause, please click here >>> https://bit.ly/3mm9fu4
4) ONE will launch a self-defense program in key cities in the US. Details will follow in the coming weeks.
5) I will make a personal cash donation of US$100,000 to the Stop Asian Hate cause.
I believe strongly that all humans are equal. Everyone should be treated fairly and equally. It is simply not right to discriminate on gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, education, social status, etc. I have friends from all walks of life, many nationalities, different religious backgrounds, and all races. I have good friends who are billionaires and I have good friends who come from the slums. Everyone is equal in my eyes. You see, we all belong to humanity. We might all come from different backgrounds, cultures, religions, races, and beliefs, but we all dream, laugh, love, and cry.
We are truly ONE.
On a personal note, I spent many years in the US and still have friends there, including many Asian Americans. I owe a lot to America. It gave me the precious opportunity to live the American Dream. I went from struggling on $4 a day to achieving the life of my dreams. In many ways, I am indebted to America for the life it gave me. The America I remember is the great country of diversity, acceptance, and tolerance. The America I remember is the great country built by immigrants and people of all backgrounds. The America I remember is the great country where everyone is created equal with the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Now more than ever, the world needs love, kindness, and compassion. Together, we can make a difference.
It is time to rise together.
It is time to stand together.
It is time to fight together.
Stop Asian Hate. We are ONE.
Chatri Sityodtong is a self-made entrepreneur and lifelong martial artist from Thailand. His rags-to-riches life story has inspired millions around the world on BBC News, CNN, Financial Times, Bloomberg TV, CNBC, Channel NewsAsia, and other major media. He is the Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Group ONE Holdings (ONE), Asia’s largest global sports media platform in history with a global broadcast to over 150+ countries around the world. He is also the star of the Asian edition of The Apprentice, the award-winning, global reality TV series. Sityodtong was named “Asia’s King of Martial Arts” by the Financial Times and was ranked the “2nd Most Powerful Person in Sports in Asia” by FOX Sports. Sityodtong was also selected as one of “Asia’s Top 100 Business Leaders” by Business Insider. He is an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at INSEAD, Europe’s top business school. Inducted recently into the Black Belt Hall of Fame, Sityodtong is a Kru in Muay Thai under Yodtong Senanan and a Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Renzo Gracie. Sityodtong holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA from Tufts University.