Personal data is any data in respect of which your identity is either apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the data and/or other data that we or our partners have or are likely to have access.
1. What is this policy about?
This policy explains the key measures we have taken to implement the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”). It aims to answer the questions you might have about how we collect, use and disclose your personal data. If you have any further questions about Evolve MMA’s privacy practices, please contact our Personal Data Officer at email@example.com or by writing to us at 26 China Street, #01-01, Far East Square, Singapore 049568.
2. What data have you collected about me?
We collect and hold data that you have provided to us about yourself, and information about your use of our services such as membership information and information about your use of our academies and facilities. The information that we collect will depend on how you use the services offered by Evolve MMA.
Data that you might have provided to us includes:
- data provided in applying for Evolve MMA memberships – for example, your contact details and credit card details;
- data provided as part of your use of the Evolve MMA academies and facilities – for example, the frequency with which and the times at which you use an Evolve MMA academy including the classes that you attend;
- data provided as part of your use of Evolve MMA’s website and web services – for example, the email address you provide to participate in specific promotions and offers, information you provide about your use of our academy and your fitness; and
- data relating to your health – for example, the existence and nature of a medical condition disclosed to us in completing our pre-exercise questionnaire.
3. What do you do with this data?
We use and disclose your personal data to provide you with membership or guest visits to an Evolve MMA academy, and to offer you other Evolve MMA products and services. We may also use personal data for related purposes and for purposes permitted under the PDPA such as:
- maintaining our relationship with you, including responding to your questions;
- helping us to identify and inform you about other Evolve MMA products or services that are likely to be of interest to you;
- internal accounting and administration, including sharing information with our related bodies corporate for reporting purposes;
- using your credit card details for billing purposes;
- photos for identification purposes and academy access;
- protecting you and Evolve MMA from error and fraud;
- responding to police or regulatory authority enquiries or investigations;
- preventing a serious credit infringement;
- improving the website; and
- developing a better understanding of our customers’ needs.
If you do not provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
4. Are there any other times when you use my personal data for any other purpose or give this information to someone else?
Evolve MMA recognises the trust you place in us when you give us your personal data. Other than disclosure to service providers (explained below) or as required by law (for example, disclosure to various Government departments or to Courts), our policy is that we do not generally give your personal data to other organisations unless you have given us your consent to do so.
We may share your personal data with certain third parties, such as: providers of the electronic systems we use to collect and store your personal data; banks and financial institutions you use to make payments to us; and other service providers we use to help us run aspects of our business efficiently. Occasionally Evolve MMA might also use your personal data for other purposes or share your information with another organisation because:
- we believe it is necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of you, other Evolve MMA members or guests, or any member of the public;
- we believe it is necessary to do so to prevent or help detect fraud or serious credit infringements – for example, we may share information with credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and fraud prevention units;
- for obtaining legal advice;
- we believe it is necessary to protect the interests of Evolve MMA – for example, disclosure to a Court in the event of legal action to which Evolve MMA is a party; or
- the assets and operations of the business are being transferred to another party as a going concern.
5. Do I have to receive marketing information from Evolve MMA?
Evolve MMA will keep you up to date with our special offers, products and services, where you have consented to receive materials containing such information. Please note that you can choose not to receive marketing information from us by contacting the Evolve MMA team on firstname.lastname@example.org or by speaking to a Membership Executive at any Evolve MMA locations.
7. How do I change or delete the information that you have about me?
8. Is the information Evolve MMA has about me secure?
Evolve MMA endeavours to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure. We store this information on secure servers that are protected in access-controlled facilities. Only authorised users can access your personal data, and access is only for approved purposes. We train our staff and require our data operators to respect the privacy and
confidentiality of your information. Unfortunately, we can’t give you an absolute guarantee that your information is always secure. For example, no data sent over the internet is 100% secure. While we ensure reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection or use of your data, we can’t be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal data.
9. What happens to my information if I enter it on a different website linked to the Evolve MMA site?
10. Do you have data on people other than customers?
Most of the personal data that Evolve MMA collects relates to our members and guests. But we may also keep information about people who provide information via the website, such as by entering competitions, or applying for Evolve MMA trial class and/or membership. This policy applies to those people as well. We also hold personal data on our employees and contractors.
11. What to do if I have a problem, question or complaint?
12. Future changes